This page contains a user guide for the Partner Portal. If you have any questions or can't find what you're looking for, please don't hesitate to Contact Merchant Services on +46 (0)10 - 161 01 99 or email@example.com
Enter your User name and Password into the corresponding boxes. Check the box "Remember me" if you want the Collector Partner Portal to remember your credentials the next time you visit the Partner Portal.
If your credentials are not valid, this will result in a text explaining the error.
Adding and assigning users
To add a user, select the "User administration" option from the "Admin" button in the top menu. Click the "Add user"-button to go to the next step.
Create a user by selecting a User name and a Password. The user name is preferably an e-mail address, as this ensures unique user names. Assign the user to the correct partner by selecting it in the list and choose the correct user Role. Press "Ok" to complete the user creation process.
- Want to assign the new user to more than one partner? Press and hold the mouse button and select all the partners you want, or hold the shift key to select more than one. Use the ctrl button (Command on Mac) and use the mouse button to select separate partners fo your choice.
Depending on which role/roles the new user is assigned to, the top menu accessibility will change. For example, a user assigned only to the "Sales" role will only have access to the "Invoice" and "New purchase" options.
To edit the name and roles of a user, change passwords or remove users, simply click on the user name, "Change password" or "Remove" (confirmation required) in the User administration menu.
There are multiple ways of finding an invoice. The easiest way of finding an invoice is by using the field in the top right. Here you can put in the exact Invoice number from anywhere within the Partner Portal and quickly find the invoice by pressing [ENTER]. The information about the invoice will appear in the middle of the page.
Finding invoices by order number
If you want to find the invoice based on a specific order number, click "Invoice" in the top menu and type in the order number, alternatively select "Search invoice" in the "Invoice" top menu. After the criteria has been entered, search for the invoice either by pressing [ENTER] or click the "Search"-button shown to the right of the search bar. If the search results return anything, the information will now appear in a similar way when you used quick search.
Finding invoices by other criterias
If you are looking for an invoice or order but don't have the specific invoice or order number, you can extend your search with more search parameters by clicking the "Advanced"-button, once navigated to the search page by selecting "Search invoice" in the "Invoice" top menu. This will give you a whole set of different search fields that you can combine to find the invoice or order you are looking for. Input the information in one or more field and press the "Search"-button to find the invoice or order you are looking for.
Sometimes your customers will return one or more articles from an order. In these cases you will need to make a return purchase on that particular article in order to adjust the invoice accordingly.
To make a return/credit in the Partner Portal, find the invoice by following the steps taken in "Finding an invoice". Click on either the invoice number or the order number in the list to see the actual invoice.
When you click the invoice number or the order number, you will be brought to a new page displaying the invoice and its articles. You now have two choices: You can either return the full order, or you can make a return on a specific article.
To return a specific article
- Click the "Return"-button next to the article (that you want to make a return on). A new window will pop-up where you make the actual return.
- Adjust the quantity if not all article units should been returned, and write a comment about why you are returning the article if needed in the "Description" field.
- Press the "Return Item"-button to make a return.
If more than one article is to be returned, repeat the previous step with the next article. The articles you've now marked for return will appear in a "Return order" section, awaiting completion.
To complete the return process, press the "Submit return order"-button. The invoice has now been adjusted accordingly. Press "Create updated invoice" to create a new invoice containing the new, updated invoice information. If this function is unavailable, it may be because this function is not available for the current invoice type, or that the due date has passed.
To return a full order
- Click the "Return full order"-button when on the adjustment page. A new window will appear where you are prompted to write a description. This description is an internal note, so write the reason for the return, for example.
- Click the "Return everything"-button to make a full return.
The order has now been fully returned. Note: The "Return full order"-button is not visible on the Credit Account Type invoice, since this invoice type can contain more than one order. Returns on orders made on Credit Account invoices are made by returning all order rows on the current order; see section "To return a specific article". See the "Type" column on the invoice view (search results) for info regarding what invoice type the selected invoice is.
To make an adjustment on an invoice
After an invoice has been created, you can make an adjustment on that invoice. Adjustments are amounts not limited to certain articles, and can be used for discounts, price adjustments etc. To make an adjustment, press the button called "Adjust amount". You will then be presented with a pop-up window.
- Enter the article id, the amount to be adjusted, the description of the adjustment and the VAT in percent.
- Please note that negative adjustments must be made with a "-" before the actual adjustment price and that a positive adjustment can only be made up to the original invoiced amount.
- Also note that the text entered in the "Description" field will be shown on the invoice. To make the adjustment, press "Adjust amount". This will confirm the adjustment and it will be instantly processed.
To replace or adjust a pending invoice
To replace order rows on an invoice that has not yet been activated, use the function “Replace Invoice”. This gives you the option to remove or add order rows, as well as the option to change article number, description, quantity, price or VAT amount on a specific order row. Note: please know that the replace function replaces the entire invoice with the new information you submit. This means you need to submit all order rows you want to keep along with any new order rows, if your goal is to remove 1 out of 5 articles. The Portal will auto-submit the existing articles for you, to help you on your way.
To make a replacement, press the button called “Replace invoice”. You will then be presented with a new view. Make the desired changes, and when done, press “Replace invoice” once more.
The pending invoice has now been updated and the new invoice with the updated order rows is ready to be activated.
The Partner Portal's "New purchase" function is intended only for the Sales user role. To create a new invoice, simply click "New purchase" in the "Invoice" top menu.
The first step requires the basic purchase info
- Select the sales person in the drop down list "Salesperson:"
- Enter the customer's civic reg number
- Enter the total purchase amount (separate order rows are added in in the next step). When the desired purchase amount is entered, an info box will appear to the right of the input fields, showing the specifics of the purchase. This info changes depending on what invoice product is used, and the purchase amount.
- Enter the customer's cell phone number (country code required)
- Select the desired product* from the drop-down list
- Click "Check credit"
If approved, the Portal will take you to the next step.
Continue by adding the desired article rows
- Enter the article information in the input fields. Required fields are marked with a red asterisk (*). To add another product/article line, simple click the "Add article line"-button. Make sure to enter all information carefully, since this will show on the customer's invoice
- The sum of the Unit price of each article row must not exceed the amount available, that is the amount entered in the first step (also shown in "Available credit amount"). If it does, you will be notified and cannot confirm the purchase until it's corrected
- Continue by choosing if the invoice is to be auto activated or not on purchase confirmation, by using the checkbox "Auto activate invoice". By default, this box is checked, since most in store purchases require the customer to receive the invoice directly at the time of the purchase
- If you want the customer to also receive an invoice by email, check the box "Invoice delivery via email?" (If available; email notifications depends on the agreement with Collector)
- Choose the date of purchase (today's date is default)
- Enter the order number and customer number (if applicable)
- To submit the purchase, click the "Make the purchase"-button. Confirm the purchase in the popup by pressing "Yes". Please note: It the invoice is not auto activated, an activation of the invoice is needed further on (please see chapter 6 for instructions how to activate an invoice)
Purchase completed - print the agreement
When the purchase is confirmed, you will be redirected to the purchase confirmation page. The customer will need to sign a prefilled agreement.
- Print the agreements by pressing "Print agreement"
- The agreement will be printed in three copies: Collector's copy, merchant's copy and customer's copy. The customer will need to sign at least the two first ones. Make sure to check the customer identity, check the ID type on the agreement and fill out the ID number, and as a salesman, sign the agreement as well
- When the agreement is signed, print the invoice by pressing "Print invoice". If needed, you can quickly access the new invoice details by using the link named "Show invoice information".
*Product: The different invoice types available. The available listed products differ depending on the agreement you have with Collector. Standard, and most commonly used for in store purchases, is Direct Invoice. This creates an invoice immediately after the purchase confirmation, and can be handed to the customer straight away.
There are several invoice types available in Collector's product range. Some of the invoice types below might only apply if agreed upon with Collector.
- Direct invoice: Print the invoice directly in store and hand it to the customer.
- Invoice: Collector will send this invoice during the next invoice printing period.
- Credit account invoice: This purchase will be added to the customer’s ongoing Credit account. If a Credit account does not exist for the customer,
one will be created. All purchases during one month will be collected on the Credit account and invoiced together the month after.
- Interest free invoice: Collector will send an invoice with a part payment plan based on the agreed credit time, without interest.
- Annuity: Collector will send an invoice with a part payment plan based on the agreed credit time with a static monthly amount (with interest).
Different Campaigns can be set up on the products, offering favorable terms and conditions. The Campaigns will show as separate choices in the Product drop down menu. An agreement with Collector is needed to use Campaigns.
Printing an invoice
If you're responsible for shipping orders, you may find yourself in a situation where you want to print one or more invoices to put in the parcel together with the customer's order. In order to do this in the Partner Portal, search for an invoice in the way described in "Finding an invoice".
- When you have found the invoice, look for the pdf/Adobe icon in the far right column of the invoice list at the bottom of the page. Click the icon ("Print invoice"). This will make a new page open which contains the invoice in PDF-format.
- Print the invoice and put it in the the customer's order parcel.
Printing multiple invoices
If you want to print more than one invoice at a time:
- Check the boxes of the desired invoices to the left of the invoice number (the first column).
- When you have selected the invoices to be printed, click the "Print selected"-button. A new window will appear with the invoices in PDF-format.
- Print the invoices and put them in the respective parcel.
Sending invoices by e-mail or regular mail
To send an activated invoice by e-mail or by regular mail, click the letter icon in the far right column ("Send invoice"). You will then be presented with a pop-up window.
- To send the invoice by e-mail, select "Send invoice by email" and type the e-mail address to which the invoice is to be sent. By default, the e-mail address registered on the customer will be shown automatically. Press "Send" to send it.
- For regular mail, select "Send invoice by mail". A fee may be charged for send out of invoice by mail. To find out how your send outs are charged, please contact Collector. Press "Send" to send it.
If you're using the Partner Portal as a mean to administrate invoices created by, for example, a webshop, you will need to activate the order invoices before they will become active and, in effect, is created (and can be sent to the customer).
To activate an order, choose "Search Pending Invoices" in the top menu. The search for pending invoices is exactly like the search described in "Finding an invoice". When you have found the order to activate, you can either choose to activate the whole order, or activate certain articles on the order if some are not deliverable.
Activate certain invoice rows on a pending invoice
When you have found the order, click the order number to be brought to a new page showing the specific order rows. This will look much like the view where you make returns on an activated invoice (described in the "Making returns" sections).
- Click "Part activate Invoice"
- Mark the desired order rows you want to activate (the articles there are delivered) by checking the box in the right-most column on the order line.
- If needed, choose the quantity in the "Quantity" column. If all units are being shipped, this can be left unedited.
- When you have marked the order rows to be activated, press the "Activate marked invoices"-button below the order rows. This will activate the order and make it printable if you follow the steps in "Finding and invoice" and "Printing invoices".
On completion, the remaining articles will be left on a new invoice (however with the same order number), which will allow you to find the remaining articles by searching the order number once more, when needed.
Activate an entire invoice
If you want to activate one or more orders as delivered without marking the specific order rows you can easily do that from the "Pending Invoices"-menu. Search for the order using the specific search criteria and the search results will show as a list of orders to be activated.
Choose one or more orders by using the checkbox under "Activate order" and click the "Activate marked invoices"-button. The orders are now activated.
Activation can also be done from the view of a specific invoice, by selecting "Full activate Invoice" and confirming.
Please note that all order rows on the orders will be activated. Should you have one or more articles that are not delivered to the customer after this, please be advised that you must follow the steps in "Making returns" in order to make the adjustments on the customer.
To get an overview of the invoice sales and averages, the reports function can be used. This tool gives you the possibility to keep an eye on sales over periods of time of your choice. Simply click "Reports" in the top menu and select which report you want to generate.
There are three different types of reports to generate:
Sales And Averages For Partners During Period:
When generated, this report shows statistics regarding total sales and averages within the desirable timeframe set in the date input field (see "7.1 Generating reports" for instructions on how to set desired dates).
Sales And Averages Month By Month Report:
Shows monthly sales data for desired month/months set in the date input field.
Sales Data Day By Day Report:
Shows daily sales data for desired days set in the date input field.
Settlement CSV Report
Generates a .csv file with including transactions of the time period selected in the date from/date to fields.
To generate the report of your choice, select the type in the dropdown menu. This choice is followed by a selection of parameters that can be set differently depending on the kind of report you desire. The parameters are:
Report type: The types available are "Column chart", "Pie chart" (only available for Sales And Averages For Partners During Period), "Line chart" (available for Sales And Averages Month By Month Report and Sales Data Day By Day Report), and "Excel". Decides the layout/style of the report generated.
Show values in graph: Show numeric values in generated report. Can be set to on and off with the checkbox.
Start of period: Sets the report period starting date.
End of period: Sets the report period ending date.
Partners: Shows available partners/stores. Select multiple stores by Ctrl-clicking to include more than one store in the generated report.
Hide/Show report settings: Hides or shows the report parameters.
When the parameters are set to desired values, click "Get report" to generate the report.